Saturday, December 6, 2014

Vapor

I feel so deeply that it paralyzes me sometimes. And it's hard for me to express to others, even my husband, what is going on in those moments, in my mind and heart and soul. It's hard for me to even process and understand for myself what I'm feeling a lot of the time. But God has shown me that this is ok - He has made me this way for a reason, and I'm learning to let Him order my thoughts and work out these "deep feels" for His purposes. He's shown me that it's ok to sit for awhile, and bring the intense anger, pain, compassion, joy - whatever it is in that moment - before Him. It's ok to let myself be moved beyond expression, to go outside and look at beauty and cry. To listen to others express the things swirling around in my soul. This song is one of those things I go to when I don't know what to say. When I just need to be still for awhile. If you're like me, I highly recommend making space for yourself to do this, in whatever way you need to. I personally recommend putting this song on repeat:

"Vapor"
The Liturgists






No comments: