Monday, July 27, 2015

Offer HOPE

What makes me the most sad/angry/scared about ISIS is that they are better at making death look attractive to young people than we are at giving them hope for life. Let's invest in our communities, in our neighbors, in our schools, internationally (if that's where God calls us) and give our kids HOPE for the life God has given them - and for true life beyond this world. My heart longs to show the hopeless kids all around me - and the ones I see on the news joining ISIS in droves - that there is such an exciting, wonderful life they can have NOW, that they are part of an adventure and a calling beyond themselves, that they are made for a better world. As CS Lewis puts so well, when his characters finally get to the new world (heaven):
 
"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now. The reason why we loved the old Narnia is that it sometimes looked a little like this...Come further up, come further in!”

Let's show the hurting, angry hopeless kids in our world that they are made for more in this life - that they are made for LIFE and not for death. And let's invite them further up and further in to the beautiful, eternal story of which they were CREATED to be a part.

No comments: