Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I am on your side

As someone recently said on Twitter (can't remember who), I'm on the side of everyone who is both against police brutality and brutality against police. It's not a complicated position. I'm on the side of the vulnerable and hurting and broken, those who are overlooked and who don't have a voice. And I am on the side of justice, of pursuing truth and right, and I passionately stand with the brave men and women who are truly working to make our country more just. I hate, hate, hate evil. I pray daily for God's Kingdom to come, and until then, that he would use me and the rest of his Church to further his peace, his justice, his reconciliation, his redemption - fueled by our deep understanding of the Gospel. Our God is a God of fire and power and love and peace, and he IS at work. Let us pray and mourn and work with him.

"Perhaps God will use our mourning to crumble all our walls, and rebuild them into bridges." (Sharon Hodde Miller)

#BatonRouge #Dallas #‎PhilandoCastile‬ ‪#‎AltonSterling‬ ‪#‎Dallas‬ #BlackLivesMatter

No comments: