Thursday, August 18, 2016

Look! I'm a mom!!!

My first big emotional I'M A MOM moment - seeing this sonogram of OUR BABY!!!



So wild and beautiful. I KNOW that this is OUR BABY. (gender reveal coming soon... :) This is still so surreal in so many ways....happening so quickly, so much to do, so much to figure out...but WOW - look at this. It blows my mind to think that God created this child with Stephen and me in mind. He created this child to be in OUR family. To be loved fiercely by us, to be cared for, to be protected.

I really don't like fundraising. Really, really don't. But this has happened on a much quicker timeline than we expected, and we do believe this child is meant to be in our family. So we also believe that God will provide. Stephen and I know that this whole process is a part of our faith journey - that God is using this time to teach us to trust him in deeper ways. So we are seeking each day to remember that God does more than we can ask or imagine, and that if he created this baby to be in our family, no monetary issue will stand in the way. He doesn't ask us to figure out all the logistics - he just asks us to be willing to love as he calls us. So we're looking at this tiny miracle in the sonogram, thanking God for choosing us, crying a bit, and seeking to trust him above ourselves.

We still need to raise just a little bit more to be able to move forward with the homestudy. If you feel at all led to be a part of God's provision in this way to help us reach this goal, you can go to our fundraising page below. I really don't like asking. But if you feel led, go for it :)

https://www.adoptalovestory.com/family/scott

No comments: