Thursday, October 6, 2016

Our first little boy

It was this little love's birthday a couple weeks ago - I can't believe he's four now! Time has flown so quickly...not a day goes by that I don't think of him, and some days I miss him so much it's overwhelming. BUT, I am so thankful that everyday God reminds me how incredibly blessed Steve and I are to have been a part of his life in the way we were. He's always be our first little boy, and we truly believe our story with him isn't over.

Friends, we were brought into this little guy's life because God asked us to be willing to love those around us, and we sought to follow his lead. So hard so many days, but so worth it. I remind myself over and over again of this truth God's taught us over the past few years through our experience with this little guy: just be willing to love, wherever He has placed you. Your neighbor, the kid you're mentoring, through being a foster parent, the struggling single mom in your kids' class. Just show up and be willing and ask God's power to work through you. And it will. Reminding myself of this truth as we're in this intense season of adoption, and preparing to be parents. Daily thankful for all God taught us through this little man's life.

No comments: