Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election 2016!

I voted 2 weeks ago so I didn't get a sticker ;( But I obviously wore red, white and (navy) blue today to celebrate #America and #democracy and the peaceful #vote, so this is my #votie! I've already teared up several times today...thinking about the fact that we might have our first woman president (no matter how you feel about her, the fact that we couldn't even vote less than 100 years ago and now have a leading candidate who's a woman....moving and historic); seeing people in lines to vote and holding signs, thinking about how powerful it is that our voices truly make a difference; thinking that no matter who wins, we will have a peaceful transition of power. This is such a rare and beautiful thing, and even though it's been a rough election cycle, I'm so thankful for our country. I'm spurred on by all these #deepfeels, and feeling more passionate than ever for tomorrow, the day after the election- to continue to work for the change needed in our culture and systems, and to make our politics better.

As a follower of Christ, my greatest hope lies not in a certain party or candidate or ideaology- my hope lies in the redemptive power of Christ. And I cant wait to work to bring more of his powerful love and reconciliation into our world, including into the broken areas of our culture and politics. I am genuinely excited -there is reason to be hopeful, friends! We can help shift things- let's seek the Kingdom first above any party or fear, let's help form a new option, a new Way. No matter the outcome tomorrow, I'm excited to continue "onward and upward"... It's a new day to serve, to love, to bring hope and change.



No comments: